Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6, 2015 - At home

I got my mission call on Halloween.  It was a Halloween I will never forget.  I had been waiting for my call close to six weeks from when I completed my final interviews.  I thought it had been submitted in September.  I did not find out until after General Conference (first weekend in October) that it was held up for one question.  So, more waiting and checking the mail box.  For Halloween, I wore a panda costume.  It was afternoon, and my dad approached me, saying, "Sometimes Spoooky things happen on Halloween."  He invited me to check the mail box.   I was so overcome with emotion.  Regular Halloween didn't matter to me anymore.   My dad captured the moment on video and it is on my Facebook page, as well as the video when I opened my call.

I have been called to serve in the Japan Tokyo Mission for 18 months.  I am scheduled to report to the MTC in Provo for training, on January 27, 2016.   

In looking over the booklet that I received with my mission call, I am amazed at how much there is to do to get ready.  The booklet says that they don't want my mission email address on social media, so if you want it before I enter the MTC, please email

kirstenparkermission@gmail.com

or drop me a note on Facebook with your email address.  I will also have other information too, such as if you want to donate to my mission fund.  I have to buy a bicycle, helmet, and lock, and an iPad (one designated by the mission since it will have a mission app or software loaded in it).  I also have to have really good quality weather gear to wear.  There are other expenses too not covered in the usual monthly missionary expenses once I am in the field.


No comments:

Post a Comment