Monday, September 26, 2016

25th and 26th Weeks in Japan; 2nd Area. Knowing Christ's attributes is part of conversion.

September 18, 2016

Yesterday we did splits with members and I had the wonderful opportunity to be with M_________ Shimai (a good member friend--I've mentioned her before).  Despite the heavy rain, we housed for two hours!  She always shares bit of her conversion story.
It started when she was very young.  She said when she was about 10 years old, she saw missionaries (of another Christian church) walking around the neighborhood.  She would think to herself "Come on, come on, come on!!"  She really wanted to learn about Jesus Christ.  When she was even younger, she thought Christmas was about the death of Jesus Christ and wondered by people were celebrating it! Because she wanted to celebrate the holiday, and although her family was poor, she would go outside to their little tree in the backyard and decorate it with what she had.

A little about Japan:
Today has perfect weather! The wind is cool and there may be rain but I love that it isn't hot anymore!!  I think it's done.  A lot has happened this week, we got 7 referrals!! :)   We are really seeing the fruits of our labors.  Even though we don't really have any investigators, we are going to find one today.  We are going to the bike store to fix my bike pedals, maybe shopping, and then we are proselyting in Tomobe!  Yay!!  Tomobe by train is about half an hour away, I think.  We are visiting a less active and a potential investigator referral with a member (Sister S_______, she's from Australia and served her mission in Sendai for the majority).  Also, we teach lessons 1-5 before someone gets baptized.

Here are some pictures of Sister Madsen and I.

  
  

  



*****************************************************

September 26, 2016

This week has been hard, but I love Lord's work. 
Alma 31: 38  "And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith."

We got two new investigators!!  One is really busy and we had to cancel our last appointment, but our other investigator we are meeting tomorrow.  The elders have been helping us a lot and giving us advice with dendou [missionary work].

Coming unto Christ is so important.  Learning about His attributes is part of that process.  It is important to know the nature of the Being that we should love and trust.   If you can listen to the talk given by Elder Bednar, titled "Character of Christ" that would be great!  It was instrumental in part of my conversion to Christ.

This is an excerpt from the visit of Jesus Christ to the Nephites on the American continent, after his resurrection.   

[His visit to them was part of the promise and statement that he made to the Jews in Jerusalem, wherein he said that he would visit people away from the Jews:     John 10: 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring,    and  they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.]

3 Nephi 9: 13-15
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.


Sorry this letter will be short this week because we have to spend extra time cleaning our apartment today.

Until next time, Parker Shimai

Sent from the white fields of Japan 🍲🌅














No comments:

Post a Comment