Monday, December 12, 2016

37th Week; Hello Kasukabe. Wrap up Mito Experience.

Hello people of the world!

This week we had transfers, so I left my home of natto [fermented soybean dish] and sweet potato (Mito) [which Mito is famous for] .....to the land of Kasukabe.  Most of the ward has members who are return missionaries. This ward and the bishop has a lot of dendou fire [sharing the gospel with enthusiasm]!  We visited the bishop yesterday and talked about how we can help the ward and who to visit and we got a list.  I'm excited to work in this area and I believe we are going to see lots of miracles.

Before I came to Kasukabe, in Mito, we had a lesson with our wonderful progressing investigator. In the first few minutes of our meeting, I could see in her countenance the light of Christ more than usual.  We prayed and started the lesson and she showed us the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet which she had read and marked up.  I was amazed!  She has been applying the principles of the gospel and continually studying the Book of Mormon.  From that, her desire to follow Jesus Christ has grown.

 It's amazing to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people and continually does so.  As we continually live according to the principles and ordinances of the gospel we can continually have joy and the fruits of the Spirit.  From our trials and mistakes and our successes we learn and grow, becoming who God wants us to be.  I have learned that when we trust in God, we have peace in our homes, our families, and hearts.  God's Spirit is a constant companion and guides us daily to do good as we put our trust in it.  As I have done so, especially when it's hard, I feel happy! Everyday as missionary, I feel joy.

One of my favorite scriptures is in Helaman 5
Verse 12. And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

Until next week!!
Please spread the message of joy this Christmas! :) there is a Saviour who has come to this world for everyone so that we might have joy now and forever

Love 
Sister Parker


13 more days until Christmas!!   



HELLO TO KASUKABE!







Video of Ducks



Here's my planner





Goodbye to Mito:  Last dinner out with missionaries and friends



{ K-Mom says, What is that?! }





No comments:

Post a Comment