Monday, January 23, 2017

43rd Week in Japan. 3rd Area. Key to the Soul.

1/23/2017

First week with my MTC companion and I returned to Kasukabe, my area!!  Yeayeaaaa!!! :D

It was so great working with my Sister Training Leaders for a week and then to type it off, I get to dendou (do missionary work) with one of my MTC companions!!  [Sister Burke].  We are also spending our 1 year mark [since entering the MTC] together!!  I think we were meant to be together this transfer.  Because I know the area better than my companion, I'm Area Senpai (senior area missionary).  And so We've been planning together and setting goals to work with the ward [local congregation] and find new investigators.  I was worried about not being able to get to know the area as well last transfer and the members.  When returning back to the Kasukabe ward at church, I spoke at sacrament meeting.  It was an official introduction and testimony kind of talk.  I spoke about a time that I felt God change my life. There's been many instances that were sudden and big. One day in seminary when I was in high school, we had a substitute teacher.  I don't remember what the lesson was about but I remember the commitment he gave to us at the end of class.  He said to pray to God and ask him what you need to improve on and then read Alma 5*.  And that same week, I did it.  And it was amazing. The questions Alma asks in that chapter pierced my heart.


Like:
 "27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God?  Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed
and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?"

As he spoke about a mighty change of heart, I had a mighty change beginning in my heart. And since then I've always remembered that experience.  It felt like my soul was expanded.  I feel everyday my soul is expanded, learning new things, and God just blesses me more and more.  I've gotten better at trying, and more skilled at following.  Many times we can have changes of heart in our lives and we often need those to help us stay on the path of Jesus Christ, or get back to it, or to find it.  God loves his children.  I felt so much love for the members in Kasukabe.  Especially as I am focusing on them and working with the bishop and my companion, I feel guided by Heavenly Father.  I have had another change of heart and it's changed me to focus on the people.  I'm here on a mission for God's people and especially for his people of Japan to help guide them back to His presence.


Also:  In a few days, there will be a world wide missionary broadcast and it's going to change the missionary schedule and things a lot! I'm excited!!

Miracles to come!! Have the best week ever!! :)

Love,
Sister Parker


Sent from the white fields of Japan 🍲🌅

* (click on) Link to Alma 5  if you wish to








[K-Mom's inspired addition to this blog post today:]

Four Principles to “Part the Curtains of Heaven”  30 Sept 2015

God is speaking again to man on earth  click on this link to the talk  if you wish to.

“Earnestly listen for His voice. When His voice comes to you, act in faith on what He counsels you to do. Pursue this course, and you will grow up in Him and, in due time, become even as He is, grace for grace.” —Elder James J. Hamula of the Seventy

1.  Exercise faith in God the Father.
2.  Sincerely inquire of God.
3.  Earnestly listen for God’s voice.
4.  Act in faith on what is received.

However, the Lord does not always reveal everything at once, Elder Hamula said. “The Lord gives us line upon line, precept upon precept in order to try and prove us,” he said. “If we will faithfully act on what He gives us, we receive more. If we do not, we receive no more and indeed lose what we once had.”

No comments:

Post a Comment