Monday, March 13, 2017

49th Week in Japan; 3rd Area. Emerging as a missionary.

03/06/2017

こんにちは [Hello}、、皆さん!  ٩( ᐛ )و [Everyone!]

We've really been able to see miracles these past few weeks!  As I have adjusted to the missionary life, I feel emerged in the ways of a missionary. I feel like all I know is missionary work!  But I've never felt more happy or joy.  Although there is many trials and stresses, I always feel God's love and the guidance of the Spirit.  Every new trial that comes, Heavenly Father helps me overcome it and I get stronger and stronger everyday.

Our teaching pool has grown in Kasukabe and we've been working with the ward [congregational area] better. Building relationships, seeing more smiles, and finding and teaching more people. 
We have one investigator who we found in our Areabook.  She was an Eikaiwa [English class] student but stopped coming because she got sick.  One day, we called her up to invite her and see how she was doing and one of the first things she said was, " I'm so glad to hear from you Sisters! When I thought of you, I thought I want to go to church and pray to God.."  Since then we haven't been able to meet her but we have taught her over the phone. Just this week, we sang Her the children's hymn:  "I am a child of God."  She was so honest with her words about her life and she said she wanted to change her life.  She has come to believe that God does exist and loves her!! Especially as she has been healing we have been trying our best to help her become stronger and learn by the Spirit.  The Spirit is so so important in order to understand and believe in Heavenly Father. 

For me as a missionary, I feel the spirit constantly. Like the Liahona, compass, that led Lehi and his family through the wilderness,  in "Alma 37: 40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day." 

Day by day, I feel the Spirit, I try to follow it, and I learn by the Spirit.  Same for anyone.  In order to understand that there is a high power who rules or understand things that cannot be seen that are true, needs to be understood, learned, and practiced through the Holy Spirit.

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's words: "The Apostle Paul encourages us to seek the voice that speaks to our spirit, not just to our ears.  He taught, “The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.”"

It's studying and feasting upon the words written by prophets in our scriptures, praying and conversing with God, having weekly family home evenings and counsels, and thing alike attending the temple regularly that keep the Spirit in our lives to guide us and help us during this period as we prepare to meet our father in Heaven. As his ways are higher than our ways, or we don't always understand why God does things, it can only be understood by the Spirit.

Sometimes it's hard to follow the Spirit or do what's right, but God is patient with us and he promises to help us when we choose to do follow Him and His ways. I know it! Even though I mess up all the time, I am still progressing upwards as I am giving my best. I try to talk to everyone and study Japanese in order to become a missionary that God can lead and trust to do His great work. 
I'm learning everyday of the importance of this and the need for a Saviour.  Jesus Christ really is our Saviour.  Repentance, stopping what is wrong and doing what's right and what God wants us to do, lifts burdens, changes lives, and brings peace.  Jesus Christ is the ultimate example of a peacemaker, a Giver, Leader, and a brother.

Love to all!! This week, try to find something new you can improve to become more like the Saviour. :)  



Here's a picture of us with an investigator, and a member from the Koiwa Ward (she actually is from our home town in Utah!! On the right. She got back from her mission in April, she went to the Japan Kobe mission.)
Our investigator is from Vietnam, although we had a drop lesson this day, but she just isn't ready right now. :)



Here's a wonderful family from Sri Lanka. Their testimonies are so strong!!!. They really feast upon the words of Christ and want to learn everything they can. They were baptized together two years ago and we are just finishing up their A.B. Lessons.




Potetoman  (Potato-man)



Sister Parker
パーカー姉妹。[Sister Parker]
Sent from the white fields of 日本 🌅  [Nihon = Japan]

No comments:

Post a Comment