Tuesday, August 8, 2017

70th Week in Japan. 4th Area. God's perfect plan for imperfect people.

31 July 2017

Hey hey everyone!

It's hotter here in Japan than usual. There hasn't been as much rain during Tsuyu as there should be.   I've been kind of tired lately, I think it's the 12th transfer tiredness. 

This week, my great companion was pretty sick so we needed to stay inside part of the week, but she is doing a lot better now.  We had exchanges with the Kasukabe Sisters this week and I got to reunite with my MTC companion again. :)  It's amazing to see how much she had grown, even in the last five transfers. Shout out to Sister Burke!!

I've been working as hard as I can and pushing to the end.  As I've kept a prayer in my heart and seemed to help others, I feel good and that the Lord is proud of me.  I've had some experiences and opportunities to be like the Savior and reach out my hand to those in need. I love helping people. Especially by inspiration of the Spirit!  This gospel is so important to me and I will continue to grow my faith by sharing it with everyone I can.  I've been thinking about H_____ [my investigator]  more recently and how to help her understand the gospel better, and we are working on contacting her everyday and sharing a scripture to help her understand her relationship with God.


Alma 30:44
"The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."


Everything proves there is a God. There is heavenly being who watches over us and has created everything how He did for us.  God answers the "why" of everything.  He has created a perfect plan for us to receive happiness and joy beyond comparison!  The scriptures guide us and help us to follow his plan and it's just straight ahead!  So keep going! Keep trying!  He has sent a Savior to help us and lift us when we are down. It's Christ.


Japanese people are so naturally Christ-like. But they don't believe in Christ.  And it's the same for us too!!  We cannot just go through the motions without exercising faith in Christ. Believing in His written words, the Book of Mormon, Bible, and more!  Keep following and trusting in His promises! It makes the journey more enjoyable anyways.  :)

I know this is truuuuuuueeeee!!!


 I had a really good Sunday, we ate at the Stake President's * house with his family and one of his sons' friends, K_____! So he is American but married a Japanese woman so his family is bilingual!  It was really fun and I remember feeling happy to be surrounded by a lot of members. Truly families are ordained of God, to have support and places of love and comfort. They create the perfect atmosphere to learn and grow and apply the things of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

* Stake President =  An ecclesiastical leader over a multi-congregational area.

Here are some pictures.   We went and visited a Shrine.  The other picture was from Friday--- we had Missionary Leadership Council meeting.  I also made some veggies with chicken. It looked really good, so I took a photo.








Sister Parker

パーカー姉妹
東京伝道部

No comments:

Post a Comment