Friday, April 28, 2017

56th Week in Japan; 4th Area. Walking and knocking.

4/25/2017

Hello family and friends, and readers,

Sister Haroldsen and I are doing great!  It was a great week.  We've been working with our investigators and the ward more. 

I remember now that Sister training leaders are newer.  So, they are like zone leaders, but mostly for the Sisters. :)  It's really great to work with the sisters.  I'm learning new things from them and often it's humbling.

We have an investigator who is 8 years old.  His name is R____ and he is from the Philippians.  I'll send a picture next week maybe if I have it.  He loves loves loves cars, just like my brother.  We saw a Ferrari, I think, yesterday before we had a lesson.  I think I've seen some Audis in Japan too.

 H______-San in particular is doing really well.  She came to F.H.E (Monday Family Home Evening) and Airi Shimai fellowshipper really well.  Afterwards we shared: 

3 Nephi 11:30 "Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away." 

In our lesson previously she asked, "If everyone believed in Jesus Christ and these things, would it really bring world peace?"  We said yes!  And when we shared this scripture and testified of Jesus Christ she said that she could feel it pierce or enter into her heart.  We walked together and she said that she loves coming to the church because she always leaves with this biiiig smile on her face.  We have high hopes for H______. I'm so glad that she is letting the Spirit teach her! :D

Also Elder Choi visited our mission and it was soooooo greaaaaaaaattt.   I will try to write next week about that, or maybe I'll send a paper letter about it. :)  he had the general conference talk this year, "Don't look around, look up." And D&C 6:36 has become my theme scripture for the rest of my mission I think.   36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.

Also other quotes he said a few days ago. "If you don't like it, like it!" And then we sang "I like to sing" that's in the children's Primary music book.   We turned it into "knock" and "walk" and "run"
So it's like:

"Sing, sing, sing,
I like to sing.
I like to sing a song!
Sing, sing sing." And then we go like:
"Walk, walk, walk
I like to walk
I like to walk all day!
Walk, walk, walk." 
Or:
"Knock, knock, knock,
I like to knock.
I like to knock on doors!
Knock, knock, knock."

And different things like that. But he really helped us see everything as fun!  Missions are fun!  Even though things are hard he helped ME see more how I can enjoy everything that comes.  And it really makes me feel happier! 

Love,

Sister Parker

Sent from the white fields of Japan 🍲🌅

[Kirsten's comments about the song.. walk and knock reminded me of:
Revelation 3:20

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

From the internet.  Greg Olsen art.  "Let Him In."  Rev. 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment